Change Text Size
Call Us 01706 631417
Rochdale Training are providers of results-focused, top quality business training for over 50 years. We work with all levels of learners and all sizes of company throughout the North West.
We are looking to recruit a Fabrication & Welding Instructor for our engineering workshop.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To instruct and assess learners in the Fabrication & Welding Department to develop their skills and knowledge.
· To train and assess learners in all aspects required to achieve the Fabrication and Welding units within the Performing Engineering Operations and Diploma in Engineering Operations (Skills) qualification.
· To teach and assess specialist units in the City & Guilds Fabrication & Welding/Diploma in Engineering Operations (Knowledge) qualification. This includes maintaining discipline, safe working practices, communication skills and how to work efficiently and effectively
· To complete awarding body documentation
· To encourage the learners until they are 100% confident in every task which is required
· To promote Equality and Diversity and British Values.
· To be committed to the safeguarding/prevent and welfare of all learners
· Maintain and develop innovative training materials and methods.
· Embed Functional Skills
· Use the e-portfolio system and to contribute to Rochdale Training’s VLE
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Engineering Apprenticeship.
· Fabrication & Welding up to date occupational competency.
COMPLEXITY AND CREATIVITY:
· To establish a working system for the learners.
· To achieve NVQ Level 2 or City & Guilds successfully. This includes extra exercises so the learners can become more confident and knowledgeable while working towards their assessment jobs.
· Develop resources.
· Embed the delivery of maths and English skills.
· All learners in the Fabrication & Welding department and supervisory duties throughout the workshop.
· Maintain plant & machinery where practicable.
Rochdale Training Association
Fishwick Street Rochdale OL16 5NA
Telephone 01706 631417